Saturday, June 27, 2009

Getting Rid of the Gremlins in the Ross-Boon house

Update on the Ross-Boon household. Lately, I thought we were jinxed but, it seems like our luck finally straightened out. The part for the washer finally showed up. (I have to tell you, I've lost a lot of faith in Whirlpool. And they are usually a good, quality company.) Julien was able to replace it, just like the repair guy said. And now I have a working washer! There was much rejoicing! I gave it a hug and a kiss and told it how much I missed it. Hopefully, that will bestow good mojo and it won't break again. The thing that really gets me is that it took 15 minutes for Julien to replace it. The repair guy was going to charge $161 in labor.....for a 15 minute fix. It makes me a little sick to say the least. Good thing Julien has become so handy!

The yard grading and drainage work in underway, for the second try. The weather seems to be holding out although it's hotter than crap outside. The dirt we ordered actually showed up yesterday and EARLY. (Wow, good service? After all the bad service I've had recently I'm pleasantly surprised.) Julien was able to get 3 hours worth of work done yesterday. So one side of the house is well underway. Window wells installed and dirt built up around them to correct the grade that went INTO the foundation and not away from it. A little more hand digging and some trenching, that side will be done. The other side, well that's another story and a weekend's worth of work. I feel bad that I can't help in any way. Luckily we have the greatest neighbor ever, Mike, who is helping and got his Dad's truck to haul the huge trencher. Pictures will be coming soon, I promise.

My dresser is here for Olivia! It was ready 4 days early. (Once again, I'm shocked by early. Although I did wait 4 months for the blasted thing.) It's still in the back of the minivan but I still count that as a success. :) I can get the room together this week and fill that baby with clothes and stuff.

Everyone cross your fingers that our luck holds out. I have an ultrasound this week and would like good news that day too. :)

1 comment:

Freya said...

I'm so happy to hear things are starting to turn around for the good. Crosses fingers that you continue on your streak of good luck.

Looking forward to seeing all the pics. Make sure to take lots of before and after pics of baby's room.